HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone have a rescued dog?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lora

PostSubject: Anyone have a rescued dog?   Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Do any of you have a dog that came to you via rescue?

I have two. My boys are litter mates and came to me at 19 months. They were really dependent on each other so we decided to keep them both and not separate them. Now they are very confident and independent but they weren't when they came. I am so glad I kept both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
jacquieblue

PostSubject: Louie is!   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 am

Louie didn't come from Saint Bernard rescue, but from a local shelter. We had always wanted a saint Bernard and one day we saw a litter of saint bernard puppies at the local shelter and knew we had to get one. He is the best dog, it doesn't even matter if he isn't a pure bred. (we have no clue what hi might be mixed with)
Back to top Go down
MrsPita

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a rescued dog?   Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:04 pm

I got Walter from a Saint Rescue days after his second birthday. He had all kinds of problems- marking, not housebroken, snaps at kids, knew NO commands... but we've worked through most of those. It's hard to work on good manners with kids because I don't have any and most people are not willing to let me borrow their kid to work with a dog twice their size who is unpredictable around them. We're chugging along though.
Back to top Go down
Reggie&Maxine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a rescued dog?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:39 pm

We got both Reggie and Maxine from rescue. Reggie was given up because apparently he was on a "farmette" and would chase, play with and eventually kill the feral cats that lived there. Since we don't own cats, nor care to (I think they are selfish little buggers), it was fine with us. And as it turns out, he is the most sweet, loving dog I could dream of having.

Because we had such great luck with Reggie and were so grateful to the Rescue, we offered to foster if they needed. Our first foster was Korina, who turned out to be a lot more dog aggressive than anyone knew. We had her for about a month but she tried to attack every dog she came in contact with. After much discussion with our obedience trainer, the rescue and two vets, we decided to put her to sleep. Very tough decision and VERY tough experience.

A few weeks later we fostered Maxine from another foster family who was going out of town for 3 weeks. She had been up for adoption about 6 months and we, as well as the Rescue, could not figure out why no one had adopted her. She is very loving, gets along with everyone and everything and a quick learner. We believe that the reason no one adopted her was because she was meant to be with us., So we adopted her.

I have no idea if we will foster again - we are running out of room in our house. But we still offer to do home visits and transports for our rescue. I think Rescue is the way to go!
Back to top Go down
http://theillinoismayfamily.blogspot.com/
lora

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a rescued dog?   Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm

Jodi, she was definitely MEANT to be with you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
Lacey

PostSubject: hi   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:09 am

I wanted to adopt a rescued Saint but for some reason our saint Bernard rescue will not let their saints go. The same saints have been sitting in the rescue for a year now. So i ended up finding my boy on craigslist. He is a pure bred champion line saint. His owners were giving him away free they just wanted the best home possible for him. They had over 200 people call that wanted him. They picked there top 20 people that they liked and did home vists to make sure they had room for him. He has to be a indoor dog cause i live in Vegas and the heat in the summer is horrble for them. He was a year and a half when i got him he is now 2 and a happy dog.
Back to top Go down
col771doc

PostSubject: Getting ready to adopt a rescue saint   Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:57 pm

We are adopting a Five year old female Saint from the GA rescue in the next week or two. Just waiting on teh home visit.
Back to top Go down
tykes472

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a rescued dog?   Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:43 am

Very Happy We rescued our Sumo, and we couldn't be happier with him.

Great dog and we would do it again in a heartbeat!

We have had him a year in January and he will be 4 in May.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
SyracuseSaintLover

PostSubject: i do ido   Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I have a rescued saint, Sebastian! the love of my life!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a rescued dog?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a rescued dog?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1